Saturday, August 20, 2011

School

Hello!

Now that I will hopefully have continued full access to WIFI I will be able to continuously update my blog a lot more often. This past summer was lovely and relaxing and I can't believe that it is finally over. How did that happen? I sit here on my at my desk and I can't believe that two whole months passed by. It hardly seems possible. I felt like I did so much and at the same time not much at all.

School starts in a day, well. day and a half? I've taken to decorating my dorm with posters and pictures and small reminders of the room I left at home and I'm ready to embark in the new adventure of college. I think it will be a good experience but it no doubt takes some getting used to. Being unfamiliar with the people around you and somehow having to feel at home.

The dorms are lovely, better than I could have imagine but it doesn't make missing home feel any less difficult. I miss my bed and all that being at home meant. Late night coffee and sweet bread as well as late wake up calls and oatmeal for breakfast.  College will for sure be an adventure I feel I've been ready for for so long and part of me is overjoyed that it is finally here.

Time has flown by and I'm sure it will only continue to do so classes start.

Here is hoping this first week of school goes well!

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment