Saturday, August 20, 2011

OLD NEW POST about Move In Day


August , 2011

It’s been a little over a month since I’ve updated my blog and the reality that I’m really, really off to college is beginning to dawn on me. How Cliché, huh? I’ve done most of my dorm room shopping, my bedding set is purchased as well as the necessities such as hangers and laundry baskets and little baskets for the bathroom things. Between orientations and textbook ordering and back to school shopping the dream I held for a while is finally becoming reality and I’m pretty darn excited. Dorming will be something that I will definitely have to get used to but I’m sure it will be a very interesting experience to say the least.

Last week I got a mini package in the mail letting me know in which building I will be dorming and the name of roommate. Is it bad to say that I went into stalker mode to try and find out who this person was? Haha Maybe she isn’t really involved in cyber space or maybe she is and is very good and keeping her things private, either way I couldn’t find anything on her.  I hope she is great and that the time I spend in Fullerton will be great. I have no doubt it will be if I make it so.

I move into my dorm this week.  I’m nervous because for the first time I will be really, really officially on my own. No one will be making dinner and calling me to help cook and set up. If I’m honest I’m highly discouraged that the floor has to share one kitchen. My one consolation is that if I get crazy and decide to cook I can always do that still, with my own dishes and things of course…does that mean that I have to cook for the whole floor? Oy Vey…I mean. I wouldn’t mind. I can see myself now..hahah making announcements on the floor. “I’m making dinner tonight! 5 bucks if you want to eat!” Is that wrong? Profiting off my cooking skills? Just Kidding.

Here is to hoping that my move in day goes by smoothly and that my roommate is lovely as I can only hope and imagine her to be.

Long over due.
-D

No comments:

Post a Comment